Saturday, March 24, 2018

Sunday Sermon, March 18 -- The Seven Last Words of Jesus (Father Ryan Erlenbush, Sunday Sermon)

The "Seven Last Words" are the seven last phrases spoken by our Savior as he hung for three hours dying upon the Cross.


The First Word - Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do. (Luke 23:34)

The Second Word - Amen I say to thee, this day thou shalt be with me in paradise. (Luke 23:43)

The Third Word - When Jesus therefore had seen his mother and the disciple standing whom he love, he said to his mother: Woman, behold thy son. After that, he said to the disciple: Behold thy mother.  (John 19:26-27)

The Fourth Word - Eli, Eli, lamma sabacthani? That is, My God, my God, why hast thouh forsaken me?  (Matthew 27:24)

The Fifth Word - I thirst.  (John 19:28)

The Sixth Word - It is finished.  (John 19:30)

The Seventh Word - Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.  (Luke 23:46)




Listen online [here]!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

When commenting, please leave a name or pseudonym at the end of your comment so as to facilitate communication and responses.

Comments must be approved by the moderator before being published.